What is the Sisterhood?
Sisterhood is the collective presence, voice and strength of the women of Congregation Beth Tefillah. It is where women can meet, learn, bond and work together for the benefit of our community and one another.
This year one of our main focuses will center on getting to know one another, promoting closer relationships amongst Sisterhood members - simply making new friends.
In planning its program this year, Sisterhood will try to balance the need for spiritual fulfillment, stimulating intellectual activities and enjoyable social occasions. We believe that a rewarding Jewish life requires both continuous learning and the development of warm social relationships with the people in the community.
What activities does Sisterhood participate in?
Sisterhood provides a rich and varied program of educational, cultural, and social activities. In addition, the Sisterhood provides Chesed meals for those who are ill or are sitting shiva, gifts for new babies, fundraising through Mishloach Manot & the Rosh Hashanah Honey project and visiting the elderly. Sisterhood sponsors several Holiday events throughout the year, including the Shavuot lunch and Chanukah Dinner. Sisterhood also purchases items needed for the shul such as kitchen items, furnishings etc.
2011-2012 activities will include:
- Taste of the Holidays – highlighting "Dinner by Design"
- Zumba and Soul – Look after your body and mind as one.
- Pillows and Popcorn in the Parking lot. ( A family event )
- Shabbaton - Featuring lectures by Shimona Tzukernik
- Mahjong Tournament (Volunteers needed to teach those that want lessons)
- Speed Meeting – Fondue and Friends ( A networking opportunity to meet members in your community)
- Manicures and Martinis with Meaning
- Sisterhood outing to Jewish Film festival.
- Book Review - An evening of discussion
- Cheescake bake-off
- 1st Annual Honoree brunch. (All Committee chairs will be honored.)
Who belongs to the Sisterhood?
The members of the Sisterhood are a highly diversified group of women. Some have had careers in education, law, medicine, accounting, and business. Others have played an active role in the Synagogue and in Jewish organizations while raising their families.
In order to create and foster Jewish sentiment in the home and our community at large, Sisterhood encourages your participation, welcomes your invaluable input and needs your involvement.
Membership of CBT Sisterhood is $18 annually. CLICK HERE to become a member.
Sisterhood members will receive a 25% discount on event rates.