The Chaya Mushka Children's House is a progressive Jewish Montessori School located in Sandy Springs of Greater Atlanta, Georgia. We welcome every child with the understanding that each is a unique blessing to our community and essential to our world.
Our Montessori classes combine general and Judaic studies in an integrated curriculum. The study of Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, History, and Geography blend seamlessly throughout the day with Torah Studies, Hebrew, Language, Holiday Celebrations, and Jewish culture.
Our teachers are sensitive to the wide range of abilities and developmental levels within this age group. They offer creative activities that fit into the broad developmental continuum represented by the students.
Teachers guide the children and promote active learning, problem-solving, discovery of friendship and exploration of their new, expandedlearning world. The classroom is a community in which Jewish values are modeledand reinforced and Hebrew language is introduced through songs, games, and simple conversation. The curriculum combines structured and unstructured activities that encourage young children's most important work-creative play. Every day is filled with art, music, stories, language, Jewish living, and hands-on exploration.
Our classrooms are all well-outfitted with state-of-the-art preschool furnishings.
At The Chaya Mushka Children's House we endeavor to
- Encourage your child to make choices, with respect towards him/herself, others and his/her surroundings. This helps develop your child's self esteem, self-efficacy and belief in him/herself.
- Nourish your child’s heart and mind, as we develop cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills, so that your child will be a well-rounded person capable of solving problems and adapting to new situations.
- Educate your child in a creative, supportive, and warm Jewish environment, so that your child will not only learn about life as a Jew, but will learn to love it too!
The Chaya Mushka House seeks to create a stimulating and enriching educational environment for each and every child. The school is devoted to helping children learn socialization skills, building theirself-confidence and teaching them the preliminary skills to explore andexperience the world independently. In addition, we seek to ignite a spark in each child to lay claim to his Jewish heritage and commit him or her to a lifetime passion for learning.
The Chaya Mushka House is located in Sandy Springs, on the Chabad of Georgia/Beth Tefillah Synagogue campus. Entry into the school area is through the back of the building. The site is sunny, modern and equipped with all the requisite amenities of a first-class school including indoor play areas and an outdoor playground.
Our philosophy is one of nurturing, growth and development, relationships and understanding - all in the goal of establishing a love for learning, a fascination with holidays and life cycles events, and a passion for approaching the world in a Jewish way.
Children are treasured for their uniqueness and individuality, and are encouraged in self-expression.
The basic philosophy behind our curriculum is that children learn best by doing. The program activities are therefore designed to help children learn more about the world, their heritage and their values through hands-on activities and active involvement.
We believe …
- that the home is the most important factor in a child's development. We will always strive to support and complement the family in order to promote healthy development of children and parents.
- that loving, trusting, and respecting each child makes that child capable of loving, trusting and respecting others.
- that each child should be guided and encouraged to have a positive self-image.
- that children need a nurturing, safe and happy environment which promotes their natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- that play is the work of children and through it children explore the world around them by using their senses.
- that children deserve to have teachers whose values enable them to be excellent role models.
At The Chaya Mushka House, we see each child as a unique and precious gift entrusted into our care. This concept is what governs our school's educational approach. At The Chaya Mushka House emphasis is placed on the individual child and on encouraging each child's innate inquisitiveness and thirst for knowledge.
Our director, Mrs. Dassie New, has more than 20 years of Judaic teaching experience and has received her Montessori Certification from AMS (American Montessori Society). Her unique training and experience enables her to create an integrated and Judaics and general studies program.